Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 09, 2009
One definition in the Urban Dictionary defines a gooner as "a glory hunting pussbag who has very little knowledge of football". You should check out the rest of the definitions, some of them are pretty funny and a little too racy to be mentioned here on the blog.
You might be a gooner if:
- You refer to OU as "we" but have no actual affiliation with the university.
- Your wardrobe consists mainly of OU apparel yet you haven't attended a game in the past 10 years.
- Your OU season tickets cost more than your car.
- You have never actually been to Norman.
- You have ever yelled "BOOMER" in a public establishment on a random Tuesday just to see if anyone answers you.
- You wore your crimson on Jan. 8, 2009 but on the 9th no one would have the slightest clue that you support OU football.
- You complained about Bob Stoops on Jan. 9, 2009. ( I hope he leaves too.)
- You yell "the home of the sooners" during the national anthem. (That's just disrespectful to your country.)
- You forgot to support any of the other 16 sports that OU participates in.
- You find yourself wondering if any of these bullet points describes you.
So those are a few characteristics of a gooner. Add more in the comments if you would like.
Now that I've got that cleared up for everyone, I would like to say that I know several OU fans who did not attend OU that are very good people. Unfortunately, the majority of OU fans make a bad name for the few good ones that are out there. Maybe there should be a positive mentoring program for OU fans.